Friday, January 19, 2007

My Car


My Car
Originally uploaded by Acadieman.
Not the best photo, but you asked for it, you got it!

Many of you have requested that I post a picture of my car, its about time, considering that I bought it in November. So, here it is. I present you my "Cocotte".

She is a lovely Mazda Protégé 2002 LX 2.0 with currently 83 500km. I have managed to put 6000km since November. Not too shabby. My mother would be proud.

I know I had sworn I would never own a vehicle, but living downtown and working in Kirkland for the past 2 years has made it necessary. I used to waste 3 hours a day to get to work on public transit. But with the car, I can do it all in less than 1/2 that time.

So now, I can sleep until 7:`15 in the morning, instead of waking up at 6:30. BIG BIG difference. And I will not talk about the freedom that owning a car has brought. OH MY GOD

But I have not completely abandoned my environmental side. I have started carpooling. Something that nobody at work ever considered.

I am also now partaking in activities that make my hair stand on end : oil changes, tire changes, visits to the garage, and oh good lord, I need to put windshield washer fluid in the car this week, and I have no idea where it goes. I`m so gay, its scary.

2 comments:

Mathua said...

You need to put the windshield washer fluid in the hole where you put the gas. Since the fluid is denser, It will sink to the bottom of the gas tank and make its way to your winshield. Trust me...

Gabriel Robichaud said...

You'll be happy to know that I followed your advice and I have lots windshield washer in the reservoir now. I'm so thankful for your help :)

Gabriel