Tuesday, June 22, 2004

My big TV Premiere

Its happening. I am finally going to see my speedo clad butt on TV. Aren't you excited? On Friday july 2nd and july 9th 2004, if you tune into the French-Canadian channel "Canal Vie" to watch Out in The City II, you will have the pleasure of seeing me in my daily life. Oh yeah baby!

I am not sure how to feel about this. The filming of this series went on over a period of 4 months, and it was brutal. They had me doing the weirdest things. I don't want to give away the story line, but at one point they had me dressed up in my triathlon gear, in a phonebooth in downtown montreal calling family members. Ok... The only thing real about that was that it was on the corner of the street where I live... but in reality, I have a telephone in my appartment, and a cell phone. Why the hell would I be calling long-distance in a phone both during rush hour in downtown Montreal? Oh, the beauty of it all, is that while we were filming, my cell phone rang. HA HA! I bet they edited that part out.

Another thing they made me do that I thought was absolutely ridiculous, was when my brother Joël came down to visit. They wanted shots of Joël and I hangin out and doing stuff and have us do a little interview. Well... I can garantee you that Joël and I don't normal sit in a coffee shop on an Oprah like stage (i kid you not) talking about existential meanings in our lives. *puke*

Most of my friends and family have not been told very much about the whole filming process. There will be some interesting shots of New-Brunswick and people I know from there. Unfortunately, I have no control over the production. I have no idea what did or didn't make it past the cutting room floor. I did however get to see a preview of what is coming at the premiere a few weeks ago. I saw 8 seconds of footage from my segments, and I was embarrassed enough to be speechless the rest of the evening. At the première, when they were showing the preview, I was so nervous, I thought I was gonna hurl. Thankfully I didn't. It might have something to do with the free Cosmos they kept pouring into my martini glass.

Remember that if you havent voted for the profanity poll yet, vote now. The polls will be closing on Friday. There has been way too much voting going on these days.

Also, I have been thinking of adding a feature to the blog. Auto-emails sent everytime I update the blog. That way, people who wish to receive alerts everytime I add a new entry could opt-in. I was surprised to hear from some of you that you read this regularly. Pleasantly surprised, but surprised.

I really enjoy spilling my guts on here. Thanks for reading y'all!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Gabe,

Looking forward to seeing you at tomorrow morning's ride! 7am on Sherbrooke and Melrose ave. in NDG.

See ya!
Patrick

Anonymous said...

Was just vedging on a friday night, watching TV and saw the preview for next week's episode.

Wow!! all i can say is congrats dude on getting in so good of a shape. Does that mean no more KFC?!? ;)

Gabriel Robichaud said...

actually, i have not eaten KFC in over 2 years ;)

Anonymous said...

aw man.. that's just sad and wrong. :)))

i had some last week :p

Gabriel Robichaud said...

Think of those poor chickens! *sniff* *sniff*

Anonymous said...

i dunno.. does KFC use real chickens?

and you never used to mind that!! :o

:)

Gabriel Robichaud said...

Things change!