Friday, July 23, 2004

My New Toy


Do you recognise this magnificient piece of machinery? Hmmm. I am sure you do. Late at night, munching on some chips and drinking soft drinks, you have seen this before. Its the Bowflex.
I have been monitoring the Bowflex infomercial now for a few years, and I have always been intrigue/fascinated with it. So 4 weeks ago, on a day off from work, I was relaxing infront of the boobtube and found the Bowflex informatial. We, next thing I knew I had just ordered one, for only 1415 canadian clams.


Yesturday, I received my Bowflex after a long battle with Purolator.  And I must say, that I am very impressed with the craftsmanship of the equipment. It is extremely well built and designed. I was impressed by how easily I was able to assemble all the components, and there were many. I took me about 3 hours to unpackage all 4 boxes, and assemble the machine. The only downfall was that one of the bars was dammaged during shipping, so I could not install the Lat Pulldown component, but I called customer service and they are shipping me a replacement component at no extra charge.

I was also concerned about the effectiveness of the movements. Well, they are all very smooth and really work out the muscles that are targetted. You have resistance in a very smooth natural way, it does not feel mechanical like in a ordinary gym.

So I am now preparing my workout schedule. I think James and I are going to set something up so that we can workout together, might be easier to stay on track that way. I will give you guys regular updates.

No comments: