Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Grasshoper...

For some reason this photo reminds of the famous fable by Lafontaine where the ant works all summer.

Today, I am that ant. I have not had 1 day of vacation this year, and its starting to takes its toll on my morale. I'm feeling a little coocoo-bananas these days. I really need a break.

Next week the work gods have graciously granted me 1 week off. Wow. Wow indeed. Since thats what I will be goind, WOWing.

Ok, so now you think I'm totally coocoo because Wowing isn't a word, much less a verb in the present continuous tense. Oh, but you are wrong... it is. At least for me and some of my colleagues it is. Let me explain.

WoW is short for World Of Warcarft. Or, like my little brother Martin calls it, World of WarCRACK. This is a massively multiplayer online role playing game, or MMORPG for short. And I must admit, Martin is wise beyond his years. This game is sooooo much fun. I cannot believe it took me 4 years to find out this thing even existed. I was still playing Diablo when I found out about WoW. Well, I don't play Diablo anymore.

WoW is a product of Blizzard, the makers of Diablo. They took all the best elements from Diablo and Warcraft and made World Of Warcraft. The best 19.99$ I ever paid. Seriously. I can't stop playing. Well, I can, but I must admit, the time I spend AFK (Away from keyboard) wears heavily on me. But I think thats ok, since I have spent most of the summer as the ant in the fable, during my vacation, I will become the grasshoper and /dance. Three more sleeps!

No comments: