Monday, September 01, 2008

Tam Tam Boys. Boys Boys Boys.


TamTamBoys
Originally uploaded by Gabriel Robichaud Photography
Its been a great week! I decided to finish my 33rd year with a bang.

The theme for the week as has been one of international exploration, and for that I feel I should thank the Doublemint Twins, Italy, Mexico, Québec and Ireland. I love this time of the year.

The weather has been great. A bit late, since I started school last Monday! Its taking me longer than I had hoped to get back into the swing of things, but I am shooting again, and thats a very good thing. I am actually looking forward to the colours starting to change. I have spotted a couple of places I need to shoot. There is this 1 tree in particular that has caught my eye.

I also started thinking about my portfolio minors and major. *sigh* I just can`t make up my mind. I seriously need to figure out what I want to focus on, and soon. But, what should it be? Documentary? Eroticism? Portraiture? Product? Sports? Food? All of these things are really interesting to me. Not too mention that I have always loved macro photography as well. GRRRRRRRR. I don't know. I have been going through my tens of thousands of photos this weekend figuring out where my strengths are. Portraiture and Product really stick out, but I might be able to pull off sports and documentary photography as well if I had a little more experience and a coupe of different lenses.

Honestly, I your comments are welcome on this one. The clock is ticking.

So last time I reported that the swimming had begun, and well, it has begun and continued. I am happy to report that is going well and so far I have lost 10 pounds, and people have started noticing! (thank you Camille, you da best!)

Further to that, I am regaining my general endurance, I have more energy and I can actually feel the mood change in me.

But perhaps this is also to do that I feel I have taken control of my personal life again. I am making room for me. I am taking time to be alone and not have my thoughts interrupted by emotionally disturbing sources. I feel like I am beginning the next chapter in my life. I realize that within the next year I will be graduating from photography and things will be changing.

Change is good.

No comments: